Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Extraño o familiar

(dated Oct 14, 2007)

Nice to have a friend visit. Nice to catch up with a familiar face in this 16 million people city. Funny that in this city, everything seems so familiar yet foreign to me. I talk like them, well, not quite, cuz the locals communicate with one another in Shanghai-nese (reminded me of BCN: international cosmopolitan with very local/small-town mentality). I look like them, yet I don't follow the latest fashion nor am I obsessed with 'whitening' beauty tips, let alone having the habit of 'gurgling & spitting'. Once again, I caught myself in a 'foreign homeland'. The only difference this time is that I am sorted, I am not confused about the 'superhero' questions anymore - I know what I am and I know who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home