Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This is how I spent the last day of year 4703…

Out of blue, I decided to do something about the año Nuevo chino (Chinese New Year of Golden Pig). Got up early and went shopping to the one and only Asian food market in Barcelona as I am determined to learn some Chinese cooking via the best source: the Internet. So I did. Making the dumplings (jiaozi, a.k.a. chinese ravioli or chinese gyoza) from dough (ended up using a wine bottle to roll the dough as we didn’t have a roller), cooking up my specialty ‘orange chicken’ which I learned from my dear brother the past Christmas (when I discovered the magic of maizena in Chinese cooking), and wokking my life away with rice vermicelli con gambas. Man, my kitchen was a real sweat shop at the end. Was too shy to invite people ahead of time as I was not very confident with my chinese cooking. But after my satisfied guests cleaned up my 3 ½ hours of labour, I knew that I could proudly call myself a Chinese (or Taiwanese, to be more politically correct, or incorrect? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home