Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Morocco-deserts, dromedaries, oases, sanddunes, cous-cous, and taijine

Spent my semena santa (Easter break) in Morocco, what an amazing country: brown and green, deserts and oases, modern and old, peacefulness and chaos. I was totally in love with the country, especially the food and the people. Was joking with my Moroccan classmate and asking him to find me a Moroccan boyfriend.

Top 10 highlights of Morocco:
1. The non-existing Royal golf course
2. Getting lost hiking: that’s what happened when you let 3 boys take charge
3. The gangster/bandit town: Rassani
4. Mesouka: playing hide-and-seek with kids in the deserts
5. Dromedary Liberalization Party: we would like to start a party to liberalize dromedary as the general public mistaken us from camels. We have only one hump but we have higher endurance. Also, the logo of the cigarette brand “Camel” is actually a Dromedary!
6. Boulette: that’s our geeky entertainment every single night!
7. Sharou’s berber haggling style: according to the locals, I bargained like a berber!
8. Debate no. 1: which native culture is more INTERESTING? North American natives or South American indigenous?
9. Debate no. 2: the importance of sports? Why are people so passionate about soccer?
10. Stop Sayonara-ing me please!! The locals mistaken me as Japanese so wherever I go, they “sayonara”, “aligado”, and “Toyota” me!
11. 10 days of Morocco, we are couscous’d, taijine’d, sand dune’d, desert’d, oasis’d, kasban’d OUT!!
12. 19 rolls of 36: the amount of film I shot.
13. 400DH exhaust: it is all about principle!

More photos on flickr!

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally love the photo, it's so awesome. Sounds like you had a great time, wish I could have gone along for the ride. love Nozomi

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome pic:)
love from brandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home