Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Monday, November 07, 2005

Car on FIRE!!




Oh my god, you wouldn’t believe what just happened. My classmate John buzzed me from downstairs (he came by to return my notes) and asked me to come down with my cell phone. I couldn’t hear him very clearly what was going on so I went down with my cell phone. Once I opened the apartment door, guess what I saw—a car ON FIRE right in front of my apartment. It’s literally ON FIRE.

The smoke was everywhere and I was so freaked out that it was going to blow up and it’s going to burn my flat down (since my room is RIGHT ABOVE the car, bad idea to live on Principal level) so I walked down the street and quickly text messaged my roommate (who’s in the flat) and asked him to close the window and get out of the place.

Standing there and watching the car get burned down..20 minutes later, the fire engine finally arrived and the bomberos put out the fire…but my roommate was nowhere to be seen…the first thing I did was to go upstairs and grab my camera (what a sport eh? Feel rather shameful..) apparently, my dear roommate had been taking photos from the balcony the whole time (what a dork)..so there you have it…Car on FIRE on Gran de Grácia

Lesson No. 1: don’t ever buy an old piece of shit cuz it may be on fire and blow up while your are driving…
Lesson No. 2: 080 (FIRE)
Lesson No. 3: 112 (EMERGENCY) don’t ever call 091 (police) cuz they will ask you to dial 112

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's scary to have it happen so close! Actually, the first thing that came to my mind whe i saw your picture was the paris riots. i'm glad you are safe. take care.
Pia

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooveee your blog!I just caught up by reading all of the entries here:D
I'm glad you are having fun:)! L.A. is going well:)It's all in my blog too I guess:) Lots of drama as usual haha
Lots of squishy love,
Brandy
xoxo

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOO one other thing! You know whats wierd! I had a fire thign happen lately too! Our microwave spontaneously burst into flames when I was home alone! It was crazy, I almost had a heart attack! Im glad you are safe and the fire didn't get your home!
scary stuff!
Love Brandy

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey aharon, i just found out there's Auberge Espangnole 2 coming out!!!! Actually it's probably already out in Europe.
It's called "Les Poupees Russes", see link (can only find French link so far)
http://www.marsdistribution.com/site/poupeesrusses/
It's about the same friends, 5 yrs later. Should be good.
Talk soon, miss you lots!
Pia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home