Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Real Weekend

Well, it was the first weekend that I actually had some time off. Hit two pubs in the neighbourhood and two latino clus with my fellow classmates on Friday night/Saturday morning. The biggest lesson we learned--the suckiest time to be in Barcelona--4:30am in the morning while it was pouring and no cab to be seen and you had no idea where you were :))

Took a long walk from my place to Plaza Catalunya on Sunday afternoon-It was really nice seeing the mix of crowds--the tourists, the elders, the kids, the families, the couples, the punks, even the protestors (against bullfighting). There was a sidewalk book sales running about 10 blocks so I picked up a huge Spanish/English dictionary for 11 Euro (figured that I would need it eventually :))

Realized that what I really miss about Vancouver (or North American in general)-community libraries. Miss visiting libraries and gettting lost in all kinds of books. We have one here in my neighbourhood but of course everything is in Catalan/Spanish. Sharou is book hungry-might have to start ordering books from Amazon.com...

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you, Amazon does kick butt when you're overseas! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! I can't wait to go and visit you! lots you lots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home