Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Sunday, September 04, 2005

grand tour of BCN

I finally moved into to my apartment today. It was such a relief. I love the neighbourhood I am living in-Gracia, it's an old/cute neighbourhood, famous for its small streets and squares. It has a great mix of people-the locals, the students, the tourists, everybody!

It was such a surprise to find out that my friend Alavro (one of the Spanish exchange students I met back in my UBC years) lives just five minutes away from me. So we met up at the Fontana (a popular meet-up place for people in this neighbourhood) and started my grand tour of Barcelona. Haven't got a chance to explore the city at all cuz I have been bombarded with house hunting and school orientation.

We just walked and walked and walked-from Gracia to Pl. Catalunya to la ramblas to diagonal to aribau...also went to his favorite hang out place in Barcelona "Bose de les Faoes"- a super cool pub decorated as a fairy land..instead of having a beer, we had the infamous "fantasy energy drink"-was totally wired..before i noticed, it was already 4am..

BCN is beautiful city, very walkable city, can literally walk from one end to the other..a great city to hang-out cuz no matter what time of the day, there is always people (old and young, families and couples) enjoying life :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home