Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I need a hair cut!

It's been somewhat frustrating in the past two days. Where to start:

First, my boytoy (MAC/powerbook) is not competible with the school's intranet system. What a surprise, of course all the business schools support PC. Took me a while to get my internet access set up in school. As for sending a print job and FTP download/upload, there is just NO WAY (no ningun modo) with MAC. So, this is frustration number 1.

Then it's the apartment hunting. Walked around town for hours and looked a few apartments. There aren't street signs at the intersections so I usually realized that I was going in the wrong direction after walking a few blocks. Of course the weather doesn't help. It's only 25-26 degree but the humidity is quite high so I am constantly sweating (the sticky kind of sweating). Frustration number 2.

Frsturation number 3, apparently I have no access to the money deposited by traveller cheques via ATM for two weeks, It can only be withdrawn in person from the bank. Grumbles.

Then I burned the top part my shirt while ironing it this morning. Not the world’s best house maid for sure. And I had to wear this damn suit the whole day for picture-taking session. I suppose I can wear sandles with the suit but it just not my thing so I have to suffer and complain :)) Yup, this is my frustration number 4 and 4.5.

"Wait until you get a hair cut." My roommate Jodi said after listening to my bitching and complaining (cuz he had the most horrible haircut in his life from a local barber).

Maybe a haircut will do me some good. Well, it will only get better I suppose. Just want to get through this week and get settled. Enough with my whining, time to get some almuezo.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Sharon, that sucks. That's something I didn't even think about your school not supporting Macs. How back water. Go treat yourself to something nice, I hope your day picks up! love Nozomi

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sharou, my name is Marcelo and i'm a second year esade MBA student , i just read some of your posts and i remember my first days in barcelona, looking for a house, humed weather, take pictures in esade, make a cv for carrer service, cardona, ie, if you want some help please dont hesitate to write me ok, my email is in my geek blog www.todorss.com, is a blog about rss,
I get your blog by a feed search and I need a hair cut too :)

PD : i think you could use your mac in esade, maybe some day i could help you with that.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Chica! I'm so sorry about your mishaps so far. But rest assured it will all soon come together. A short while from now maybe you and Marcelo (and all the other good souls who are/were in the same rocky boat) can have a good laugh about "Ahhh...esos primeros dias en Barcelona", and then you can make a sequel to L'Auberge Espangole which will be a hit, and some of us here will be left thinking "Man, I wish I could have my luggage left in Copenhagen and have to go 'commando' while shopping for a PC adapter in sticky-hot weather which results in succumbing to the temptations of the dark side of coffee empires!" Anyway, I hope things go much more smoothly for you now. Cuidate mucho, y nos vemos muy pronto, ?vale? Besos y abrazos. T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home