Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Starbucks Invasion!

I cannot believe I actually slept in. I must be tired. This is the first time that I have slept more than 10 hours straight. Felt great. Since there is a cathedral right beside the apartment, Jodi and I decided to go to the afternoon 1:30 mass. We got there around 1:40pm and it was already the end of the mass ("la paz de contigo) How bizarre, not sure if we actually missed it entirely. So we decided to take a grand tour of the school. It was a nice walk going to ESADE, passing by all these nice/posh apartment along the way. The neighbourhood "Pedralbes" is also known as the "Beverly Hill of Barcelona".

Just in front of my school, I met the first fellow classmate Lorena from Guatamala!

So three of us went for a walk to Le Corte Ingleis and L'illa just to wander. Well, apparently, nothing is open on Sundays in this city (at least this part of the city). The only thing that is open in this barrio is the most infamous import "Starbucks". So there I was, the most reluctant supporter of the evil empire, had given in and bought my first Freza Chai Lette there. Since this one particular Starbucks has just been opened for a year. People posted their memories on the bulletin "Deja nos tu Recuertos". I have to say that their Chai Lette wasn't bad at all. The only thing that can be improved at the place is wireless internet :))

Guess what, they even have a map published to show all the Starbucks in Barcelona. There are total 10 of them in the city. I am sure by the time I finish my degree here, the number will be doubled or tripled. There are 2 in my neighbourhood alone. So there you have it, Starbucks invasion in Barcelona and it's still expanding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home