Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Monday, August 29, 2005

Orientation 101-the plug

It's my first day of orientation. The school is tiny considering I am coming from one of the biggest campuses in the world (UBC). I met all my fellow classmates today, there are only 89 of us. Going to spend the rest of 18 months with them. I am excited. It is quite a good mix-20% Spanish, 22% European, 12% Asian, 12% North American, 20% Latin American, and the rest.

I finally got my cell phone set up. Lorena and I walked around Placa Catalunya for almost 2 hours and visited all the electronic/computer shops trying to find an adaptor (VDE plug) for the laptop. I think we had enough of market research of all the electronic, appliance, and computer shops in town. Finally found one on Antoni in a hardware store. So tired, so hungry but it's all worth it for that darn plug. Seriously, the plug is definitely something we cannot live without. No plug = no laptop = no internet = no life :)) and it has to be 2 rounds + 3 (2 flat + 1 round)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home