Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Saturday, September 03, 2005

My First Beach Party!

TGIF! Really, thank god it's Friday!!

After the whole week of information overload, Friday is finally here!! I was so exhausted from the orientation and the heat/humidity in Barcelona that I actually passed out after the cocktail with the Dean. Yep, I had my first siesta :)

The dress code of the beach party is WHITE-excellent since I am going through this "white phase" for my wardrobe, everything in my suitcase (at least for the summer clothes) is white :)) (went through my blue phase a few years ago, not sure which phase I will be going through in Barcelona :) The invitation said that the party would start at 9pm, but of course, as the unwritten rule of thumb of all parties--don't ever arrive on time and the preferable arriving time is time + 2 hrs :) So there we have it, people (my fellow classmates) started arriving at 11ish.

I couldn't believe that I actually downed 4 beers and still felt fine, very unusual for a cheap drunk like me, perhaps I am gradually building my tolerance here. Not sure if it is a good sign or not. I brought my camera along but totally forget to take pictures at the party since me & everyone else was so busy mingling with one another.

Some of my classmates just bought the season tickets for FC Barcelona. For 120EURO, you get a seat and the next 20 home games in Barcelona. Not really a sports fan, even for Canucks, only watched the games when they are in playoffs (I am one of those aficionados who like the hype of the games because the whole city is into it, not the actual sports :) Perhaps it's time for me to have some FCB spirit as my friend Nozomi is having Hanjin Tiger spirit in Osaka :))

The party was all good fun, I was super hungry around 2am so went to the golden arch for its infamous apple pies, 2 for 1 EURO (suppose they have "universal menu" on this one :)

So tired that I actually fell asleep in the cab being a navigator. Well, moving into my new apartment tomorrow, very excited and cannot wait to be settled :))

2 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No only FCB please, there is another good barcelona´s soccer team : Espanyol !!!, there are some people in esade who like Espanyol i am one of them :).

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a disgrace Sharon! You mix Espanyol with FCBarcelona! As you hopefully know by now, your classmates are all diehard Espanyolfans!And therefore the seasonticket is to the games of this lovely underdog. Que malo! F.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home