Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Robbie's new Scheiße?

(dated August 8, 2006)

“ Good evening everybody! My name is Robbie Williams. This is my band. And you are about to witness the best show in the world right now!”

So this is the scheiße I have been listening to in the past 2 months, over and over again on the way to work every morning. Inspired by the scheiße, off to Robbie's concert I went. Our mighty Robbie made us wait for 2 ½ hours before he started the show. Thank god it was not raining and the opening band Basement Jaxx was actually quite good. The visual effect put on by Robbie was damn amazing and of course he and his one liners:

“ nice tits”
“ ready for some Robbie's new scheiße!” (his new shit was actually good shit!)
“ do you want robbie's ball?”
“ congratulations on the world cup!”
“ fuck off !“ (when a girl from the audience admitted that Gary Barlow was her favorite in Take That)

(p.s. can you believe that Take That is coming back in November?)

But my highlight of the evening was not the concert, it was actually the “aftermath” of the concert when hundreds of people out of the 80,000 fans were looking for their bikes in pitch dark in the forest. The stadium was in the middle of the forest and it was pitch dark when the concert ended and probably 1/10 of the fans came by bike and just left their bikes in the forest. You could tell they are locals as they were well-equipped with flashlights. Lol. “What on earth did you find people wandering in pitch dark in the middle of the forest after a rock concert?” I thought, “Only in Koln!” Man, I could not help having a huge grin on my face and thinking how lucky I am to be here and this is why I love about this city.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Nozomi said...

That sounds awesome! Searching for your bike, in a forest, at night... in Germany...after a Robbie Williams concert. Sounds like some kind of wierd kids folk tale. Hope you have a wonderful time in China girl, and I will talk to you soon. love you lots, Nozomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home