Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Amores Gallos

(dated February 2)
Passed by this local ‘tourist sports complex’ during the day and found out that there was a ‘cock fight’ this evening. Cool! How could I miss a real cock fight?

We were probably the only ones who paid to enter, well, at least we got a ‘VIP’ seat. 2 minutes after sitting down, I realized that I was the only female in the audience (apart from the lady who was selling the drinks). Interesting. A sharp blade was tied to a foot of each rooster so as they fought, someone must get hurt. Geesh! It was brutal! Lots of blood, lots of feathers all over the arena. Everyone was shouting, screaming, cheering when placing his bet – a NYSE but Pilipino cockfight version ☺ (Well, of course I am not going to put down that I have been in contact with chicken when I return.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home