Terra Nova

Sharou's Blog as a Globe Trotter

Saturday, January 02, 2021

breathe

volcan tungurahua 5023m
I always know that I like Ecuador and I feel home here but this time is different. It calms me down. 

I feel that l can breathe, I breathe better, much better up in 9000 feet in the Andes with a mask than just 5-minutes away from the beach in SoCal - what a paradox. 

We took an expedition down to the  BaƱo-Riobamba region, in search for agua thermal (but didn't go to one at the end as it was at least 2 1/2hr-hike and just didn't think it could be appropriate for my in-laws. We had disappointed Ninja thought). 

Regardless, we had a relaxing but fun-packing hacienda life - picking moras, harvesting all kinds of greens from the garden (corn, beets, cabbage, carrots, onions, nuts, apples, figs you name it), picking up fresh eggs from chicken nest (and having them for breakfast), cooking bread, pizza from stone oven...So much fun that Ninja claimed that he wanted to build the best hacienda when he grew up. 

The decision made in Pismo might be swayed now. Who knows, perhaps we can have both. Who says that we have to choose?














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home